Horizontal Wing Assembly System
Fori designed, built and integrated six automated guided vehicles (AGVs) for a U.S. based Aerospace OEM. The (6) Aerospace AGVs are utilized for an aircraft wing assembly line for the production of large composite wing assemblies. The AGVs supplied are utilized as automated Tuggers. The AGVs automatically dock to mobile tooling on casters. Once docked, the AGVs tow the mobile tooling between the various work stations. The AGVs transport (9) different tools through the wing assembly process. The vehicles are required to work independently or in sets of two. A Fori Vehicle Management System (VMS) was supplied for automated guidance for the (6) AGVs.
- Capacity: 100,000 lbs.
- Max speed of 240 feet per minute
- Magnetic bar, inertial and natural feature guidance
- +/- 5mm positioning repeatability
- Two (2) vehicle synchronization
- High voltage power supply
- Lithium ion batteries
- Siemens PLC based control system – no black box
- Onboard safety scanners & bumpers for collision avoidance and protection