Vertical Wing Assembly System
Fori designed, built and integrated one custom automated guided vehicle (AGV) for an Aircraft wing assembly project. The Aerospace AGV supplied is responsible for transporting the production tooling between seven work stations. The AGV is semi-automatic, requiring input from operators on the vehicles onboard HMI, the vehicle automatically guides and positions for loading of tooling onto stanchions in each of the seven production stations. The custom AGV supplied was 40’ long to support the 60’ long wing assembly and tooling.
- Capacity: 60,000 lbs.
- Max speed of 100 feet per minute
- Magnetic bar guidance
- +/- 5mm positioning repeatability
- High voltage power supply
- Lead acid batteries
- Siemens PLC based control system – no black box
- Onboard safety scanners & bumpers for collision avoidance and protection